HEALTH AND MEDICINE
In Partnership with Vermont AHEC
July 22 – July 28, 2018
Saint Michael’s College
Scrub Up and Join Us!
Have you ever watched a medical TV show and wished you, too, could be part of a vibrant health care team? Are you interested in learning how to suture or perform a dissection? How about infection control? Or researching and analyzing real health data? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then the brand new Governor’s Institute on Health and Medicine could be just what the doctor ordered! Join us for a week-long exploration of health, medical care, and health careers in Vermont.
At the Governor’s Institute on Health and Medicine, you will:
• Explore careers in health science, research and medical fields.
• Identify health issues that are important to you that are affecting fellow Vermonters.
• Practice hands on-medical skills like assessing vital signs and interviewing patients.
• Learn from experts in the community about a variety of topics in health and medicine.
• Discuss ethical issues concerning emerging medical technology and treatment.
• Work with medical students to create recommendations for improving health outcomes.
• Utilize online tools to help you map a career pathway in health care or health research.
• Share your interests with other Vermont students and make new friends!
Be part of the launch of this dynamic new Institute; a partnership of the Governor’s Institutes of Vermont and the Northern Vermont Area Health Education Center (AHEC). Participation in this groundbreaking Institute will provide you with practical skills and a unique understanding about health and medicine in Vermont.
“For he who has health has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.”
– Owen Arthur