Do you love learning?
Are you eager for a serious challenge?
Are you a high school student?
Do you live in Vermont?
Then the Governor’s Institutes of Vermont is for you!
Not sure if you should come to a Governor’s Institute? Here’s a simple test:
- Can you think of an academic or artistic topic you would like to explore in much greater depth?
- Would you like to meet people who passionately share your same interests?
- Are you ready for the adventure of trying out a short immersion in college campus living and course-work?
- Wonder what it would be like to build a career doing the things you love?
If you answered yes to any of these, take the plunge and ask your teacher to nominate you! You won’t regret it!
GIV’ers are a very diverse group, all brought together by their thirst for learning and readiness to try out an adventure in learning.
- Summer Governor’s Institutes are for students who have just completed their freshman, sophomore, or junior year of high school.
- Winter Governor’s Institutes are for students in the 9th-12th grades.
Here’s what last summer’s alumni want you to know:
“At GIV, I made meaningful connections with other people from around the state and around the globe, gained a wealth of valuable information, developed self-confidence, and gained a greater sense of who I am.”
“You might surprise yourself and learn more than you could dream. Throughout the process of applying, being accepted, while I was there, and after, I was consistently excited and my expectations were certainly met.”
“For the first time in my educational career, I truly felt as if I was an equal. I was never bummed to be in any group because I never had to explain and teach processes or worry about anyone that would get off task…I always found myself pondering the ideas brought up while I was laying down in bed reflecting on the day. After being nearly brain dead throughout the year, it was truly wonderful to come to this institute and have my educational needs exceeded.“
“It was the best two weeks of my whole summer, and perhaps of my entire existence.”
If you’re lucky enough to live in Vermont, you can apply for any Governor’s Institute at whatever price your family can comfortably afford. These programs were designed specifically for you! Even if you are going to school out of state, you are eligible. Apply here!
Live out of state? We accept students from schools in NH and NY, such as Hanover and Granville, that have reciprocal education arrangements with Vermont school districts, but full tuition rates apply.