June 21-26, 2015
Surround yourself with math-lovers like you at this week-long festival of mathematics! Theoretical and real-world applications of math will have you dazzled as you enjoy advanced lectures by renowned mathematicians and scientists. We’ll use our hands and brains to take on world-class mathematical challenges, and explore careers for people who like math.
In this Institute, you’ll:
- Take on advanced math challenges, including mind puzzles that keep mathematicians awake at night!
- Learn about real-world applications of math
- Interact with professional mathematicians from the academic and business worlds
- Meet other teenagers from Vermont who share your interests
- Learn about the academic and career pathways open to people who enjoy mathematics
In addition to math, we do field trips, play games, and hold a cookout at North Beach. If you’re a Vermont 9th-11th grader who’s completed Algebra II or beyond, received good grades in math or science, and think math is cool, we hope you’ll join us this summer!
* Through GIV’s partnership with EPSCoR, Vermont girls receive an incentive scholarship to the Math Institute for reduced tuition.
For information regarding tuition, please click here.