Vermont TechJam calls GIV “A Geekette’s Dream”! See http://www.techjamvt.com/ (April 18, 2013)
The Governor’s Institute on Information Technology and Digital Media is eight days jam-packed with all things related to technology. You’ll access state-of-the-art equipment, the hardware and software of your dreams, and professionals at the forefront of their fields. Electronic game design, cybersecurity, coding, digital video, Photoshop, web entrepreneurship, object-oriented programming, and more are on the menu. This year, young techies will tour Burlington’s new Maker Space, “Generator,” and get to use brand new technology, like a 3D scanner.
You’ll be able to choose from tracks in game design, coding and cybersecurity, or “advanced webistry” (interactive web design and entrepreneurship) to focus on in depth.
At this Institute, you can:
- Build an actual online business from start to finish
- Explore the intersection between IT and art, or IT and social change.
- Gain heavy-duty programming language skills
- Make friends from around the state who share your interest in technology
- Hone your computer and digital design skills
- Learn about the technical, artistic & business aspects of IT
Whether you’re a casual user or supergeek, this institute is designed for you. We’ll explore the technologies of the future and look at innovative ways that information technology is being used to create a better world. So join us on Champlain College’s beautiful Burlington campus – with a view of Lake Champlain – for a week of challenging mind games.
* Through GIV’s partnership with EPSCoR, Vermont girls receive an incentive scholarship to the Information Technology & Digital Media Institute for reduced tuition.
For information regarding tuition, please click here.