INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & DIGITAL MEDIA
Summer 2017 dates coming this fall!
“This summer I attended the Information Technology and Digital Media Institute at Champlain College. Saying that this was a life changing experience is an understatement. This was one of the best decisions of my life. These eight jam-packed days were absolutely amazing.”
-A 2014 IT&DM graduate
Vermont TechJam calls GIV “A Geekette’s Dream”! See VT Tech Jam.
The Governor’s Institute on Information Technology and Digital Media is jam-packed with all things related to technology. You’ll access state-of-the-art equipment, the hardware and software of your dreams, and professionals at the forefront of their fields. Electronic game design, cybersecurity, coding, digital video, Photoshop, web entrepreneurship, object-oriented programming, and more are on the menu.
You’ll be able to choose from tracks in game design, coding and cybersecurity, or “advanced webistry” (interactive web design and entrepreneurship) to focus on in depth.
At this Institute, you can:
- Build an actual online business from start to finish
- Explore the intersection between IT and art, or IT and social change.
- Gain heavy-duty programming language skills
- Make friends from around the state who share your interest in technology
- Hone your computer and digital design skills
- Learn about the technical, artistic & business aspects of IT
Whether you’re a casual user or supergeek, this institute is designed for you. We’ll explore the technologies of the future and look at innovative ways that information technology is being used to create a better world. So join us on Champlain College’s beautiful Burlington campus – with a view of Lake Champlain – for a week of challenging accelerated learning.
* Through GIV’s partnership with EPSCoR, Vermont girls receive an incentive scholarship to the Information Technology & Digital Media Institute for reduced tuition.
For information regarding tuition, please click here.
This Institute is open to any high school student in grades 9-11 at the time they apply. Vermont students should talk to their school contact and apply by their school’s deadline.
Out-of-state students (non-Vermont residents) apply directly through Champlain College. Non-Vermont students with questions regarding the application process or tuition should contact [email protected] or 802-865-6438.
For questions about the Institute, call GIV at (802) 865-4448.