June 23-29, 2013
East meets west in this immersion week featuring all things Asian. You’ll experience Asian history, arts, food, social customs, languages, and cultures in an intensive academic program designed to prepare qualifying students to visit China the following year. Focused primarily on Chinese and Japanese cultures, this six-day residential intensive on the University of Vermont campus kicks off a full year of supported independent and group learning.
At the Institute, you’ll:
- Learn about Asian languages, customs and issues
- Enjoy hands-on and academic activities with Asia experts
- Begin a year-long guided study of Asian cultures
- Prepare and qualify to go to China the following summer
- Earn three college credits from UVM.
The Institute will focus on Chinese and Japanese cultures with introductions to other Asian cultures. For more information, check out the Asian Cultures web site. The Institute on Asian Cultures is co-sponsored with the Asian Studies Outreach Program at the University of Vermont thanks to a grant from the Freeman Foundation.
Because the Asian Cultures program spans two summers, it is only open to freshmen and sophomores. For information regarding tuition, please click here.