June 25, 2017 – July 9, 2017
Learn more at http://www.giaofvt.com
Sing, dance, paint, draw, write, act, carve, compose! The Governor’s Institute on the Arts is a lively community overflowing with creativity, collaboration, and inspiration. It’s an opportunity to delve deeply into art forms like visual arts, material arts, dance, writing, theater, music, and film. It’s a chance to find connections between these art forms, and to discover new things about yourself in the process. It’s the support of an incredible group of professional teaching artists and your curious, motivated peers from around the state.
In this Institute you will:
- Study with professional artists
- Take risks & try new things
- Deepen your existing skills and talents
- Make artistic friends from all over the state
- Get the opportunity to teach as well as learn
- And more!
- “Mind blowing…. ridiculously inspiring!”
- “I met the most amazing community of artists and creative thinkers who helped me expand my range in the arts.”
- “Being a part of GIA has helped to shape me and give me a sense of direction and control of my own life.”
- “It’s a place where I can actually be myself. Not just a little, but completely.”
Want to know what it’s like to attend the Governor’s Institute on the Arts?
- Watch this video from 2015 featuring interviews with students (https://youtu.be/4EbGLv7GV1w)
- Or this one from 2013, featured on the Seven Days Stuck in Vermont video blog, made by alumna and video journalist Eva Sollberger (https://youtu.be/
- Visit the GIA website for lots more info, photos, and videos: http://www.giaofvt.
The Arts Institute is GIV’s largest and best-known Institute. Held on the campus of Castleton State College in Castleton, this visual and performing arts program for Vermont’s most talented emerging artists brings together outstanding professionals and over one hundred and thirty artistically-minded students in a colorful and vibrant community to celebrate and explore the creative experience. It’s two full weeks of creation, challenge, excellence, and excitement surrounded by a community of Vermonters who love art as much as you do.